As a Senior Backend Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining robust and scalable backend systems. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of backend systems with frontend and other components of the application. Additionally, you will lead and mentor junior developers, and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in backend development and technologies.
To succeed as a Senior Backend developer, you should be capable of identifying the most optimal solutions and have the necessary tools and skills to implement and build these.
You will work closely with our designers, frontend developers, and product owners to create high-quality services and solutions. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of backend technologies and experience with cloud compatibility, and performance optimisation. A top-notch Senior Backend developer will be able to lead by example, mentor junior developers, and contribute to the development of our backend standards and best practices.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable backend systems
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of backend systems with frontend and other components of the application
- Lead and mentor junior developers
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in backend development and technologies
- Ensure the quality of the codebase and adherence to best practices
- Support the production environment and troubleshoot production issues as needed
- Identify and recommend new technologies and tools to improve the development and deployment process
What should you bring
- Solid experience in backend development, including experience leading and mentoring junior developers
- Experience with modern backend technologies for example .NET, .NET Core, ASP.NET, APS.NET Core, Python, RESTful APIs, and Microservices
- Strong experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP or Docker
- Proven track record with database design and management
In addition, we also value
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Forthright ways to communicate and desire to develop your leadership skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What we offer you
- Exciting position with opportunity for personal growth and development
- We don’t have a set salary range, so we are open to your thoughts
- Edenred welfare benefit (lunch, culture, exercise, massage)
- Extensive comprehensive occupational healthcare and insurance
- Motivating work environment, where things get done with a talented and dynamic team
If you are a top-notch Backend developer with a passion for leading and mentoring teams and have experience with modern backend technologies and cloud-based solutions, we would love to hear from you.
Vitec Tietomitta Oy:
We are a leading waste management software technology company in Finland that specialises in developing and building cutting-edge cloud-based solutions and innovative and scalable backend systems. We are seeking an experienced Senior Backend Developer to join our team and lead the development and maintenance of our backend systems.
Please apply for this role via our recruitment system. Wise IT will assist Vitec Tietomitta in this important recruitment process. We will be happy to tell you more! If you have any questions about the position, don’t hesitate to contact us: Iina Pitkänen Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, Pia Klemi Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com